Re: Parasolids / SolidEdge Group

I am a programmer who must export an internal data representation of a part

> to an x_t file.

You need to provide more info. What's the source app? SE or a Parasolid based custom app? If it is a matter of CAD literacy and not a programming problem I'd simply look for someone in the building that is CAD, no - Autodesk doesn't count, literate and ask them to look at it for you.

SE group

dinkies.come.in.threes

Essentially, I have output an x_t file, which I am able to read into Actify. However, when I try to read it into my CAD system (SolidWorks) it wont read it. So I am merely trying to find someone who can read this x_t file into their system, and if it fails, can relay the error message (provided there is one) to me. Thanks.

Reply to
Ike

What version of SolidWorks and SolidEdge do you have?

You need to make sure you are outputting a version of parasolid that can be read by the program you are trying to import into. Most likely the version that SolidEdge is exporting is a newer version of parasolid then your version of SolidWorks can read.

Check Help in both programs to see what each can export and import in the way of parasolids. SolidWorks can save out different versions of parasolids and I assuming that SolidEdge also has this capability.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Ike wrote:

Reply to
Anna Wood

Ike,

We use SolidEdge (currently v19) and also represent Actify in Australia & N.Z.

We have found that Parasolid v14.1 is well accepted by most recipients, whereas compatibility issues can arise with higher versions. You are welcome to send me the problem file for review (without cost or oblig- ation) - look _AT_ my email address to reply.

Rick Mason MASCO Design Services Pty Ltd Sydney, Australia

Reply to
R.H. (Rick) Mason