How would you do this type of protrusion?

Greetings:

I am having problem to create a protrusion like this one

#2). It is a hollow plastic enclosure 3mm thick all around and 6mm thick toward the front and on the side due to the cosmetic protrusion. The front has a draft feature of 3=B0.

If it doesn't take too much of your time, could someone give this a try a send me (njchen24ATyahoo.com.sg please replace AT with @) your file showing your technic?

Effectively, I try everything I can think off (Protrusion up to surface, Sweep, Loft etc) and the results still have undesirable imperfection such as additional curves/entities in the model

1st approach:

Sketch profiles on the front and side plane

), seclect either sketch or select contour then extrude it toward the offset surface
resuming in a failed features

2nd approach:

Sketch profiles on the front and side plane, protrude toward the front

side face using "Offset from surface" end condition. Create a loft feature for the round corner

This technic give a representation of my design intend; however, it has some undesirable result due to 2 reasons:

- unable to apply colinear constraint between sketch #38 entities and spline edge. Thus when the thickness of the front protrusion changes, the loft sketch changes in an uncontrollable way

- it is difficult to control the loft feature using the edges and offset edges as guide curves. The mirror loft feature will be sucessfull depending on the selection of these guide curves

If anyone has a different idea or suggestion your help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
njchen24

What is it you are trying to do? Create another wall with some offset from the inner part?

Reply to
P.

hi There,

1.Could you build it as a solid lump,
  1. put the draft on the front,
  2. then the fillets on the corners and then
4.shell the feature removing the rear, top and bottom faces and
  1. select the varying wall thicknesses in the shell comand. Then
6.you could make the cuts last.

maybe.....

it's sunday evening so I'm not about to do it now, but let us know how you get on!

I am having problem to create a protrusion like this one