drafted offset - How can i make it???

Hi to all of you , ProE users!! I'm trying to create a drafted offset , into a sfere that must appear like a step in the body. I'd try to sketch the curve that will be the reference for the drafted offest , but i don't know how to apply that to the sfere in both sides. Someone can help me ??? Any suggest??? Tanks in advance!! Regards Bye

Reply to
Velvetk6

Hi to all of you , ProE users!! I'm trying to create a drafted offset , into a sfere that must appear like a step in the body. I'd try to sketch the curve that will be the reference for the drafted offest , but i don't know how to apply that to the sfere in both sides. Someone can help me ??? Any suggest??? Tanks in advance!! Regards Bye

Dimples, anyone? Copy offset your spherical surface (inward, outward, doesn't matter). Create your curve geometry on a plane outside the sphere then offset/wrap your curves onto the surfaces, bigger outside, smaller inside for negative draft; bigger inside, smaller outside for positive draft. Put points on these "on surface" curves as attachments (or use breaks, vertices in existing curves) for cross curves. Use these curves for creating boundary blend surfaces, essentially style surfaces. Merge the surfaces. Alternatively, create a Style feature with, essentially, these same curves and end point tangency set to Surface Curvature, because you will create the intial curves as 'on surface'.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Tank you Janes!!! A question : When i must create curve on a plane outside of the sfere , i must create , also , an offset of that ?? yes?? and then apply the offset warp. No?? please correct me if i'm in wrong. Sorry for my bad english wrote , because is not my primary language. Tanks again Have a nice day!!! Bye

Reply to
Velvetk6

Tank you Janes!!! A question : When i must create curve on a plane outside of the sfere , i must create , also , an offset of that ?? yes?? and then apply the offset warp. No?? please correct me if i'm in wrong. Sorry for my bad english wrote , because is not my primary language. Tanks again Have a nice day!!! Bye

Yes, exactly right. And one plane (or planar surface) can be used to create both sketches. Project and Wrap produce different curves on your surfaces. Wrap's results are the most difficult to predict because it "drapes" your sketched curve over the sphere, just as if you took an O-ring dropped it on the sphere and wherever it hit first it stuck and the rest just laid down on the surface. Project acts like extruding your sketch as a cut through the sphere where the resulting shape depends on where it is located over the sphere. Hours of fun and enjoyment ahead with this one.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Tanks again & again!!! Very helpfull!!! regards

Reply to
Velvetk6