I DON'T GET IT!!!! Offset Spline

I created a spline hit the offset tool and try to offset the spline and it says it can only offset lines and arcs or something stupid and will not let me select the spline. Yet if I exit the sketch and create a second sketch and hit the offset tool and select the very same stinking line it offsets it with no qualms. What gives why is it now an offsetable object when it wasn't 2 seconds ago anyone have a clue.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Hi Corey,

in SWX 2004 or earlier you can't offset splines directly. I do the following way: create a spline and close the sketch create a new sketch on the same plane offset the spline from the other sketch and 2nd convert the first spline with the convert entities icon.

in SWX 2005 offest splines does work.

Corey Scheich schrieb:

Reply to
Steffen-t

Corey,

Isn't that just about the stupidest thing you've ever seen ???

Been that way forever. It's about time they fixed it

Mark

Reply to
MM

This is fixed in SW2005.

The reas> I created a spline hit the offset tool and try to offset the spline and it

Reply to
P.