Offset section problem

Hello All,

I know how to make an offset section in 2001, but Wildfire is baffling. When I get to the point to sketch the cutting line the Sketcher toolbar is gone, so from the pulldown menubar I select Sketch>line and draw the lines. Then I cannot figure out how to exit the sketch mode. Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to
ms

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

So is it not possible to create the section from the detail drawing, as in

2001? The commands are available in the menu manager, but they seem to lead to a dead end.
Reply to
ms

: > David Janes : >

: >

: So is it not possible to create the section from the detail drawing, as in : 2001? The commands are available in the menu manager, but they seem to lead : to a dead end. : When you're done sketching, don't you just hit the green check mark to accept the sketch, close the model and get back to the drawing view? It should be the same as all the other sketcher functions for finishing the sketch, though, I confess, I haven't tried this particular view creation technique since i-squared. But it must still be there and work if you've gotten as far as sketcher.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Select 'Done' at the very bottom of the Sketch Menu and you will be back to the drawing window. But really, as David Janes has already said, creating the section in the model before inserting a section view into the drawing is much easier. After all, in Pro/E you are creating the section in the model anyway, regardless of whether you did it in part or assembly mode, or in the drawing mode.

Reply to
Alex Sh.

Thanks Alex Sh. I found that Done command buried in the sketch menu. Seems like a very non-obvious place for this. A green check mark somewhere on the screen would be a welcome improvement.

Reply to
ms