is ugnx considered a "hybrid" modeler?

Reason I ask is you have the history of the model, but you can also just make anything anywhere right in the middle of the history. You have the option to make things associative or not. I was just wondering if that's what's meant by a hybrid modeler?

Reply to
vinny

Solids & Surfaces

Reply to
brewertr

So Phil calls you a drooling moron, so you reminisce about when you weren't a drooling moron ????

Whenever I need a good laugh I read a few post from this newsgroup.

-jim

Reply to
jim

It's not like Joe 788 can help it any longer. He's in debt up to his eyeballs / leveraged out to the max and bankruptcy is imminent. With this kind of staggering debt load and a moronic business plan to start with, is it any wonder he's turned into a drooling moron.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Moronic business plan? Can you elaborate on that? Care to explain what you think my "business plan" is? I can tell you one thing, it's definitely not: "Buy a bunch of obsolete junk and try to sell it on newsgroups." You've got that one covered already.

Reply to
Joe788

Right, Solids & Surfaces, for example see Cimatron.com. Saw ver E9 at NPE, sweeeeet!

Just gotta talk my German bosses into it. Worldwide Cimatron is the biggest in Germany, 9 offices! Like Vince (shamwow) says, "those Germans always make good things"

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king

Reply to
cncmillgil

Yes. It's been one a looong time. Back in the "old days" if one didn't make every single tiny bit of data "associative" they were considered a hack. Those days are (thankfully) long gone. The system is more than stable to handle multiple types of data as well as multiple solids within the same part file (something many other systems didn't like).

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

It depended on who you worked for and what system they had so while what Bill Triffet writes above is bullshit it pales in comparison to the claims that a loser and a liar like Cliffy Huprich has made and posted on for years... that full associativity is a must.

Recently someone posted how nice the Hurco conversational programming is and once again Cliffy Huprich showed he has zero recent (the last

25 years) machining job shop experience by knocking a system that does nothing but save time and continues to get more and more innovative... I've posted about the benefits of Hurco Winmax for *many years*.

It never fails to amaze me how many idiots the machine shop business seems to attract. Luckily more and more of these idiots are being forced out, retire or are being driven into bankruptcy everyday so they can post on Usenet and show how little they know.

Those days are (thankfully) long gone. The system is more than

Mastercam X4 still can't handle a disjoint solids and I don't believe a piece of crap like Gibbscam Solid Surfacer can either. I'd bet that Mastercam X5 when it comes out will solve this problem.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

You mean Body's and Sheets? lol

Reply to
vinny

Here's how it works, you get a job somewhere and make whatever they have work. NX5 is the best system Iv'e ever ran, but if i was running mastercam X3 I'd be saying the same damn thing. You zoom in on it's faults. Try zooming in on it's strengths, no matter what it is. When your a baseball player, and you get traded to a shitty team, it's just temporary. that team has it's own strengths that need exploited and its own weaknesses that need overcome. Be the ball player. Whatever you have is the best, even if it's mastercam 9.1! When people say it won't do something...be a "toolmaker" and make it work. That's what a "toolmaker" is, no matter what the problem, a toolmaker can make the tools needed out of whatever he has at his disposal. Try acting like mcguyver instead of henny youngman.

You should be afraid to proclaim what a cam system "cant do". Someone knows how, you can bet your uber high paycheck on it.

The glass isnt half full or half empty, it was designed twice as big as it should of been. Too many emotions in your reviews. There's 6 variables in the lottery and your never gonna win. There's thousands in a cam system?

The next time you read how something cant be done in mastercam...find out how it can be done? Pretend you were born a generation or two ago.

Reply to
vinny

Jon, do you think anybody, anywhere, actually thinks you know more about ANYTHING, than Bill? Seriously?

Hmm, the guy who was at top the machining department of a near billion dollar company, with a million square feet of shop space, 1000+ FMS pallets, and now programs simultaneous 5 axis parts with UG........ Or the nomadic CNC operator who works in a faux "machine shop" consisting of a few worn out tool dropping verticals, who has never actually used UG, but has only watched videos on it?

I'll pick the former.

Reply to
Joe788

No, pets that live long, tend to live long enough to get very ill. I take good care of my furry friends.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I ran into an old (Korea) Jarhead the other day, has a couple Haas VMC's in his garage that he runs when he wants to.

We traded salutations, his years, mine, DI's all the usual, then he asked me;

"Last guy off the bus get his ass kicked?"

My reply was "Aye Top, and good too."

There used to be a lot more to it than the little yellow feet.

How many people remember "the board of education"?

Reply to
Scott

Things are progressing fast in the solid state department. Check out my new toy - 720x480 at 30 fps.

Machining related content: I mounted the lens on a pair of ear muffs, using a short piece of Click-Lock coolant line ;)

Reply to
J. Nielsen

Vinny just had to post this:

I know you're in the mold world now but... it's a new module coming for NX for us turbo machine guys. Rough and finish with split blade options. Hopefully I will be testing it soon. It's much like Delcams' dedicated multi-blade impeller ($25k) add-on module from what I've seen. Should take a big bite out of my programming time. : )

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

We have a micron rotary 5 axis. I'd love to see that thing machining a propellor at a few hundred inches per minute.

Reply to
vinny

don't leave out dumb solids, how and where did wireframe get left out? which came first, the surface or the wireframe? Michael

Reply to
Michael

Our two best machines are the Hermle C30's. The trouble is at times we've booked too much work for those machines so I've had to move to the much more limited (and slower) older machines. :(

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill, just curious, what are the older slower machines?

Reply to
Joe788

Oh boy... a couple big 5ax Sunstrand Omni mills (retrofits), a big old SNK horz 5ax, couple old Cinci 5ax (acromatic 950's), old Rigid 2 spindle 5ax blisk machines, a few old Bosto 5ax single spindles, and a few Bosto 4ax - 4 spindles, old Mori 3ax mill, and now... 3 brand new OLD Rigid 3 spindle 5ax machines. Except for the big ones, all the other machines are really designed for blade, blisk, and impeller machining. All our machines except the newer Hermles are 15+ years old.

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill