Re: is ugnx considered a "hybrid" modeler?

> > Joe788 wrote: > > > I remember when I first started reading AMC. I too thought that peopl= e > > > were unfairly targeting Jon. That's before I realized he has some > > > serious mental and social disorders, > > > So Phil calls you a drooling moron, so you reminisce about when you > > weren't a drooling moron ???? > > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Whenever I need a good laugh I read a few post from thi= s newsgroup. > > -jim > > It's not like Joe 788 can help it any longer. He's in debt up to his > eyeballs / leveraged out to the max and bankruptcy is imminent. With > this kind of staggering debt load and a moronic business plan to start > with, is it any wonder he's turned into a drooling moron. > > Jon Banquer > San Diego, CA

Moronic business plan? Can you elaborate on that? Care to explain what you think my "business plan" is? I can tell you one thing, it's definitely not: "Buy a bunch of obsolete junk and try to sell it on newsgroups." You've got that one covered already.

Reply to
Joe788

ok ok...regarding moronic bidness plans, I'm an expert developer in that regard. I have developed dozens of really stooopid business plans. Its not difficult at all... the smarter you are the easier it is in fact. A real idiot will just get some cheap cards and pass then out. That works pretty well. No complexity involved. People can see its a straight deal right on the surface.

My experience has been that all of my business plans fail...so now I plan that into the overall strategy.

It seems that most business plans are formed in a vacuum of not knowing that business or how any of ones great idieas will actually pan out. Ive noticed that its regional too. What works in LA for example will not work in SF or Dallas ... amazingly. Vastly different cultures and rules.

So what I do that actually works is write the plan, then head out to test it on

10 or 20 cold calls...right away I get feedback on what is not going to fly. So I revise the plan. After about 5 interations I have a plan that will fly profitably. Then I keep refinining it.

When I was in LA Calif with 27 staff, I was being over worked ...My plan then was to quit working cold turkey at noon everyday.... no matter what ..emergencies or whatever, I quit at noon.

Right away I discovered that I had no time for idiots, bad or slow pay customers or dinky jobs. My income doubled. My work load was cut in half.

My biggest mistakes... in order:

- Planning too much and not starting...best rule is just start. Then allow it to self correct.

- Printing a few thousand brochures on the first shot ... you eat most of them.

- Expensive brochures (for a small operation it makes you look too expensive).. my best brochure was a cartoon duck taking a bath, orange and black on cheap bulk card stock.

- Over dressing... especially these days, it only impresses other wankers.

Do I remember my own lessons? no. sometimes but not always.

Right now Im ramping up to print way too many high class brochures. It is my view that most folks are entirely fed up with the approach... maybe now I will at least print em in black and white. That would be progress... and maybe even keave out most of the hype.

When I was going to school in LA 40 years ago, I needed a job... couldnt get one and I had pretty high end qualifications. contractors liceenses etc. So left all that out, a plumbing company asked me if I could solder pipe.... I told em maybe I could... and that probably they could teach me if I failed. I got the job instantly.

I keep forgetting that lesson as well.

===================================

You don't, by any chance, think you are funny, do you? goodgawd....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Here's how it works, you get a job somewhere and make whatever they have work. NX5 is the best system Iv'e ever ran, but if i was running mastercam X3 I'd be saying the same damn thing. You zoom in on it's faults. Try zooming in on it's strengths, no matter what it is. When your a baseball player, and you get traded to a shitty team, it's just temporary. that team has it's own strengths that need exploited and its own weaknesses that need overcome. Be the ball player. Whatever you have is the best, even if it's mastercam 9.1! When people say it won't do something...be a "toolmaker" and make it work. That's what a "toolmaker" is, no matter what the problem, a toolmaker can make the tools needed out of whatever he has at his disposal. Try acting like mcguyver instead of henny youngman.

You should be afraid to proclaim what a cam system "cant do". Someone knows how, you can bet your uber high paycheck on it.

The glass isnt half full or half empty, it was designed twice as big as it should of been. Too many emotions in your reviews. There's 6 variables in the lottery and your never gonna win. There's thousands in a cam system?

The next time you read how something cant be done in mastercam...find out how it can be done? Pretend you were born a generation or two ago.

Reply to
vinny

Jon, do you think anybody, anywhere, actually thinks you know more about ANYTHING, than Bill? Seriously?

Hmm, the guy who was at top the machining department of a near billion dollar company, with a million square feet of shop space, 1000+ FMS pallets, and now programs simultaneous 5 axis parts with UG........ Or the nomadic CNC operator who works in a faux "machine shop" consisting of a few worn out tool dropping verticals, who has never actually used UG, but has only watched videos on it?

I'll pick the former.

Reply to
Joe788