Graham Farish / Bachmann?

Having once been an N Gauger (It's been packed away in the loft for nearly 30 years) before drifting onto 16mm NG in order to have signals of a more manageable size, out of interest, when did Graham Farish become part of Bachmann?

Reply to
gareth

In 2001.

The company was bought by Kader Industries of Hong Kong and absorbed by its subsidiary Bachmann Industries. The factory in Poole was closed and all production transferred to China.

Reply to
Kevin Lee

Thanks, grafar in name but not in nature, then.

Reply to
gareth

There's still a lot of the old stuff being produced in the same way, i.e. difficult to convert to DCC kettles.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

# There's still a lot of the old stuff being produced in the same way, # i.e. difficult to convert to DCC kettles.

DCC came in during my years of absence. My technology remains as Hammant & Morgan. I've still got the remnants of my own inertia controller that I cobbled together in 1975 with an OC35 (Yes, real "Geranium" transistor :-) ), a transistor that was obsolete even then, but to hand in my junk box, following the old maxim that the most expensive thing already in your junk box is cheaper than the cheapest thing that you can buy!

Reply to
gareth