Graham Farish v Bachmann Part Nos

I am looking for some help and hope somebody here can assist.

I need to purchase a Graham Farish 0-6-0 chassis for a kit I am building. I know that the Farish part number was 1109 but does anybody know what the new Bachmann number for the same item is?

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Try

but you probably have to buy the complete loco or look for a second hand example. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Hi Keith,

I did try looking at the Graham Farish site first but all I can find are Bachmann numbers. I have never taken interest in N gauge before and so have no idea how the Farish numbers worked and what each may have been.

Thanks,

Roy

Reply to
Roy

"Roy" wrote

Before you buy any of the Farish 0-6-0s be sure to see that they worked properly. In my experience there has been a reliability issue with many of these, which is surprising considering how the rest of the Bachmann/Farish range has improved since production was moved to China.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'm fairly certain that the 1109 is the chassis found under the 08 diesel shunter.

Do check compatibility carefully. In the 2mm Scale Association, we've been developing a finescale conversion for Farish mechanisms, and have discovered that there have been some detail changes to the Chinese made mechanisms - mostly extra bits sticking out here and there. If you're happy to attack the chassis casting with a file, you can make them near-enough the same.

- Nigel

Reply to
NC