Graham Farish Loco #1806

I have a Graham Farish loco which I believe from the guarantee card to be
model #1806. Can anyone please confirm that #1806 is a Class 5 and what
colour it should be ?
Thanks in advance
Sarah
Reply to
Sarah
Sorry - forgot to say it's N Gauge.
Reply to
Sarah
Sarah wrote:-
Are you sure it isn't model #1805?
(kim)
Reply to
kim
I have the same - on the box end it states "No 1806 Class 5 (Crimson Lake)". It's an old model (25+ years?). It is in its original "LMS" Crimson Lake livery. IIRC the Black 5s were always Black as their name suggests, so I assume that this was GF simply painting a model up to create a 'different' version.
Jim
Reply to
Jim
Thanks to both of you.
Jim - that's same one I have. Thanks so much for your help - I had searched everywhere to try to find out what this loco was and hadn't been able to find anything !
Cheers
Sarah
Reply to
Sarah
*Nearly* always; a couple were turned out in green (lined out in LNWR red & cream one side, blank on the other) as 'guinea pigs' (ca. 1948-49) whilst BR were trying out new liveries, but this didn't last long. I think one was LNER Apple Green and the other was painted GWR Brunswick Green.
Hornby also produced a Crimson Lake 5MT in the late 70s/early 80s, with no known prototype. Not even a preserved one (in a similar vein to Jinty no. 16440 at Butterley), which rather surprises me, as the preservationists often paint stock in colours it never carried during its working life and have a knack of making it look 'right' (e.g. the lined BR blue 35005 "Canadian Pacific", or the AC Loco Group's Railfreight Grey Class 85).
David E. Belcher
Reply to
David E. Belcher
David,
IIRC, one was also turned out in wallpaper, or was that a Standard 5 :-)
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
"Jim Guthrie" wrote
Paisley style wallper indeed. That was Black 5 4-6-0 45212 from memory. Never seen it modelled though! :-)
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"John Turner" wrote Paisley style wallper indeed. That was Black 5 4-6-0 45212 from memory. Never seen it modelled though! :-)
Don't forget the sector liveried class 50 !
And the class 25 called Tamworth Castle in 2 tone green... It was Blue from new! :-)
Andy
Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.
"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept."
There was a sector-liveried 50 *before* preservation days, though - 50119 "Defiance", I think.
David E. Belcher
Reply to
David E. Belcher
50149, for a brief period when it was a Railfreight loco from 1987-89.
-- ***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com
Reply to
Rich Mackin
"Rich Mackin" wrote There was a sector-liveried 50 *before* preservation days, though -
50149, for a brief period when it was a Railfreight loco from 1987-89.
? My mistake... I thought it was in preservation. I stand corrected. Many thanks chaps.