Model Rail magazine

Hi
Has anyone here received their subscription copies of Model Rail magazine?
I ask because I saw in two shops last Saturday the latest issue, but have
yet to receive my subscription copy.
TIA
--
Mikey K
Pembrokeshire, Wales

Yup - at least a week ago. No Hornby supplement though. Shame.......
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:13:00 -0000, Paul Boyd wrote:

Thanks for that, I've emailed EMAP Subscriber services now to chase up my copy!
;-)
--
Mikey K
Pembrokeshire, Wales

Likewise. What has happened to those Hornby supplements?
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html
wrote in message

I received mine last Friday, complete with supplement. I also received a supplement in my subs copy of Steam Railway, which arrived last Thursday. Anyone without their mags and/or supplements should contact EMAP to sort the situation out!
Cheers, John.
wrote ...

Hi Paul,
I know you weren't complaining. Just giving a bit of friendly advice!!!
Cheers, John.
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:26:57 -0000, John Lancaster wrote:

EMAP are sending me a replacement copy. Hopefully it will get here soon!
We live in a Swansea (SA) postcode area and as some might know already, it was recently proclaimed one of the worst performing postal areas!
I can vouch for that as in the 18 months we have lived here, we have had more than a few items not delivered at all, many taking a week or so longer to be delivered, and three items sent from this area never reached their destination and were not even returned to us even though full return address details were on the items!
:-(((
--
Mikey K
Pembrokeshire, Wales
Mike K. wrote:-

That's normal for the UK these days. We get a postal round on alternate days at about 10.30. Royal Mail claims there is a shortage of staff but they apparently had enougn men free to be able to do a special round with nothing but junk mail the other day. All the local post offices have been shut, the sorting office refuses to accept incoming mail and I'm barred from the next nearest sub post office for having used it too much.
(kim)

Huh?
--
Brian
"Reality rarely lives up to TV, usually because reality has a smaller budget
Brian Watson wrote:-

The sub post office is located inside a department store. The manager of the store asked me if I "would mind not coming in quite so often?". I solved that problem for him by never setting foot in the store again. Prior to that I was one of their biggest personal customers.
(kim)
On 13 Nov 2004 00:34:59 GMT, kim wrote:

Aye, it ain't so good is it.
I've taken the precaution of making sure that all mail order/online purchases now made by me are covered by extra insurance if above 25 quid or so. I've ordered a lot of model railway stuff over the last 12 months, and thankfully all has arrived, can't say the same for CDs etc!
--
Mikey K
Pembrokeshire, Wales
Mike K wrote:-

Hattons has said it is sending my digital starter set to me by private courier at a cost of 4. Royal Mail charges 8 for the same service and claims it is losing money on every item it delivers. Since Royal Mail is very much bigger than any courier company its costs should be lower, not higher.
(kim)

or
and
courier
is
bigger
Ah, but the difference is that the Royal Mail service is f'ing inefficient, unfortunately, and getting worse. That all costs money to underwrite.
:-\
--
Brian
"Reality rarely lives up to TV, usually because reality has a smaller budget
Mine arrived last Saturday.

Has anyone tried the new web address for them yet? I just got referred to practical photographer or something similar?
http://www.model-rail.com
andy
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:51:33 -0000, Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept. wrote:

Definitely there at 21.45, but not a lot to see really! ;-)
Could be a good companion to the magazine if developed properly, but I would think it's more likely to be more of a corporate window display for the printed magazine.
--
Mikey K
Pembrokeshire, Wales