Model Engineers Workshop 102

Hi all,
Does anybody happen to have a spare copy of the above magazine they wish to
part with?? I missed my subscription copy (lost in the post I assume), and
they cannot supply me with another.
Thanks in advance,
Anthony
Remove eight from email to reply.
model.engineering.users.btopenworld.com
Reply to
Anthony Britt
I stopped subscribing to MEW, (buy from WH Smith)as unfortunatley this happened to me, twice... They also told me they would be unable to supply the missed issue. I pressed them and they sent me a copy of the wrong issue. I find it impossible to believe they can't pull a copy from somewhere, hell, even run out to a local model shop, and buy one to keep their subscribers happy. Another shody deal from a British organisation... I still get MEW, nothing wrong with the mag, just the way they treat subscribers. 8-(
Anthony, if you have no joy, I know a local model rail shop that usually carries back issues.
Joules
Reply to
Joules
-- They told me today that they were awaiting a reprint & I was on the list for receiving the copy. Mind you they told me I'd get the copy back in early December when I first phoned... wait & see? ----------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com -----------------------------------------------------------
Reply to
jrlloyd
All this is hardly surprising, I noticed today that Nexus are so on the ball that they are still advertising the ME exhibition 29/31 December 04 on their website.
Mike
Reply to
Mike Whittome
I had that experience as well. After seeing the magazine in WH Smith's, and having not received my copy through the post, I phoned the subscriptions desk up. They said they would send out a new copy. A few weeks went by with nothing arriving, so I phoned again; "We are having a few supply problems, but they should be resolved soon, you will be sent a copy ASAP".
Waited until after Xmas, still nothing. So yet again I phoned, and was told that they had run out of the issue and would not be getting any more, so tough luck! All they could do was extend my subscription by one issue. As they have done this, I doubt that I will be on the list to receive a replacement copy. Time will tell.......
Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Anthony Britt
I called in our local WH's yesterday to pick up 104. Still had about 6 copies of 103 on the shelf, no 104 yet.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
-seems that a lot of people (me included) had problems with non-delivery of issue 102. I too got the runaround from the people in Ely. No more copies available, but will extend your subscription etc. However, after calling the London office a copy of issue 102 was sent to me by return. Might be worth a try for anyone who is still short of issue 102.
Mike
Reply to
mike.crossfield
I did not renew my subscripton with them,one of the reasons was tha
about half way through the subscription I started getting a reminde each month that my subscription was due for renewal soon,an actual dat was never mentioned. A reminder a month before, giving the renewal date would have better.
The current mag is about 20 pages thinner than it was 10 years ago an the editorial team seem to be at a loss for interesting content to d with model engineering, they seem more concerned with the annual tri round Myfords and tour of someones workshop than model engineerin projects. Projects now seem to spread over several issues whereas before the seemed to mainly get it in in one issue.
I now have the two American mags on subscription which work out abou the same or cheaper than MEW,around £38.00 for a total of 12 issues.Th quality of the paper far exeeds the MEW with its glossy tissue pape pages.And of course it's nice to see what's happening the other side o the pond.
Rant off now.:)
Alla
this thread:
Allan Waterfall
A couple of years ago it was a "must have" as it had all the articles that used to make for the interesting part of ME.
Now, as you say, they're scratching around for anything to fill the gaps. Time to merge back in with ME, perhaps?
Reply to
Airy R.Bean

Site Timeline