Wanted: Flywheel Machining

Hello!

My latest project is nearing completion - all that it needs now is the flywheel. The plans call for a 4.65" OD wheel in EN1A or 303SS. I have tried to set-up a suitable piece of material on my lathe but it just too large to be able to turn it. The question is, would anybody be willing to turn me up a flywheel for a reasonable cost? I have put the drawings on my website at

if the basic basic flywheel could be made up it would be most helpful, as I can tackle the spokes/holes myself.

Many thanks in advance,

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply. Website:

Anthony Britt

In article , Anthony Britt writes

Whereabouts are you Anthony? If you can get to North Herts you'd be more than welcome to use my Chipmaster to turn the wheel yourself.

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

helpful,

Anthony,

Or if you are nearer to Kent (Bromley) I can offer the same service as Nigel on my Master.

Regards,

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew & Nigel,

Thank you for your kind offers. I am located in Southampton, so I think I am about the same distance from both of you. I am working some strange shifts at work for the next few weeks - once things calm down after Xmas, I may well take you up on the offer.

Regards,

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply. Website:

Anthony Britt

Hello Andrew

To add to your list of offers.

I have an elderly Triumph 2000. I'm at Farncombe, near Guildford, Surrey.

Might save you a few miles.

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes