Powermax VFD?

Gents

Could one of you experts help me out with this one? I have come across what I assume is a small VFD along with some other bits & pieces in a job lot. I can't find any reference to it on the web and need some info. The item is made by Brook Crompton, model LCSAC1K1. The spec. panel lists input as 240v ac 1ph 10 amps and output as 240v ac 3 ph 5.5 amps. I need to confirm what it is, how to set it up and whether it works (I don't have a 3 ph motor to hand as a test load). The LED panel lights up when powered and indicates "ready" but I can't detect a cross phase voltage at the output terminals (although there is a 45v per phase voltage to earth). I assume I need a load connected? Also, assuming it works, how do I set all the parameters without some sort of instruction sheet? I can scroll through the menus OK so all seems to be working.

Thanks in advance Ken

Reply to
gaspode

regards

Clive

Reply to
clive

Why not contact Crompton Brook direct at

Brook Crompton Customer Service Centre St Thomas' Road Huddersfield HD1 3LJ

T: +44 1484 557200 F: +44 1484 557201 Free fax order line F: 0800 028 7176 email: snipped-for-privacy@brookcrompton.com

regards

Clive

"gaspode" wrote in message news:bkaoct$79j$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... > Gents > > Could one of you experts help me out with this one? > I have come across what I assume is a small VFD along with some other bits & > pieces in a job lot. I can't find any reference to it on the web and need > some info. The item is made by Brook Crompton, model LCSAC1K1. The spec. > panel lists input as 240v ac 1ph 10 amps and output as 240v ac 3 ph 5.5 > amps. I need to confirm what it is, how to set it up and whether it works (I > don't have a 3 ph motor to hand as a test load). The LED panel lights up > when powered and indicates "ready" but I can't detect a cross phase voltage > at the output terminals (although there is a 45v per phase voltage to > earth). I assume I need a load connected? Also, assuming it works, how do I > set all the parameters without some sort of instruction sheet? I can scroll > through the menus OK so all seems to be working. > > Thanks in advance > Ken > >

Reply to
clive

As a minimum, I would say that you need a load connected across the outputs before you will get any voltage output. I have no experience of this particular drive, but the Allen-Bradley drives I have worked with previously needed to see a load, and have the emergency stop loop closed before it would operate.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply. Website:

Anthony Britt

How about three mains light bulbs connected in delta formation? setting to low speed should give you flashing lights - just right for Christmas!!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Many thanks for the replies - why doesn't the obvious answer ever occur to you???

Unit now tested on three light bulbs (wired star) - unit confirmed working!

Thanks aga>

Reply to
gaspode

Why use star Ken. I thought your VFD was 240 in/240 out?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob

I was getting an error (overtemperature) when using delta so tried star which then appeared to work. Subsequent trials indicated a temperature dependant problem (fault disappears as unit warms up). A quick run over the solder joints near the heatsinks seems to have cured the problem so I suspect a dry joint. All seems OK now whether lights in star or delta. I need to check with a motor but unit appears sound. Good buy for a couple of quid I think!!

Ken

Reply to
gaspode

Hi Ken,

Glad to hear all is well now. If you get any more for a couple of quid, I'll give yoiu a fiver for them anytime!!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin