Futaba, Phillips NE5044 Chips

Can someone please confirm or deny the use of Phillips chips # NE5044 and
NE5045 in the Conquest radios?? Is the Signetics # CD8081 a direct
replacement? Anyone aware of a source for these new or what radios they can
be pulled from?
TIA
Brian C
Hagerstown Md
Reply to
Brian C
These are the driver chips in the servos, right? And they translate from the standard 150 ms pw signal to what, a voltage reference signal used by the rest of the servo feedback loop circuitry? I wonder how much of the control system is on that chip? Probably just the reference voltage... These chips, the NE5044 have been around for years and years, and yes, I believe they were in many older Futaba servos about 15 to 20 years ago when they were making the Conquest (one of which I had). Maybe in more recent servos too, I don't know. Would reference data on this chip be available in electronics store ref. books? Paul
Brian C wrote:
Reply to
Paul Ryan
Brian, These are very old Signetics encoder/decoder chips. I guess no more in production today. Maybe yet available at
or similar shops.
Paul, I think that the servo driver was NE544.
Daniel
Reply to
Daniel
If I recall correctly the NE544 is the servo chip and the NE5045 is the transmitter encoder chip. NE5044 was the decoder chip I think.
One of my notes indicates that a CD8081 is the same chip.
I will look at some encoder boards I designed and built for Royal systems many years ago when I am at work tomorrow.
Both are out of production but I think close copies are being produced today for simple transmitters. Just not available to the small radio developer repair shop as the big 4 have the chips produced under license now.
I just repaired a fairly new 2 channel Futaba transmitter and the chip pinouts were identical.
Hugh
Reply to
Hugh Prescott
Wow, I have to admit you are over my head... The only thing I know is what a repairman told me, that one or both of my NE 5044 / NE 5045 chips are bad and they they are very difficult to find these days so I am trying to find a source for them, be it retail, or a radio that I can find just to part out. Wether these were used in the servos, I cannot say. Thanks for the info. Brian C Hagerstown Md
Reply to
Brian C
Wow, I have to admit you are over my head... The only thing I know is what a repairman told me, that one or both of my NE 5044 / NE 5045 chips are bad and they they are very difficult to find these days so I am trying to find a source for them, be it retail, or a radio that I can find just to part out. Wether these were used in the servos, I cannot say. Thanks for the info. Brian C Hagerstown Md
Reply to
Brian C
Hi,
Have a look here :
's about the connection of the NE5044 in an old transmitter.
Olivier
Reply to
tx2tx