Graham Farish - the man

OK, Im bored at work, surfing the net. Decided to research Graham Farish. Google dont help much. Who was he, when did he live, any info
would be interesting Thanks Rob
"Rob Kemp" wrote

Graham Farish is purely the surname from memory, but I'm not sure whether it was hyphenated or not. You could try asking Bob Russell ( B R Lines at a o l dot com - but removed all spaces and replace at with the usual). He worked for Farish for a number of years and may be able to point you in the right direction.
John.

John Turner wrote:

Somewhere in my cartons of old MRC mags is an article on Graham Farish, heater manufacturer and their new model railway line of 0-6-0 with tender mounted 2 poole vibrator motor. Unfortunately until the new house and shed are built I have no idea which of the cartons to look in.
Regards, Greg.P.

Their old premises were an old railway goods shed in Kent IIRC- I have a recollection of seeing the name Painted on the roof of such a building somewhere on the way to London from either Folkestone or Canterbury. Brian

According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Farish Graham Farish entered the model railway business in the late 1940s. Prior to this they had been manufacturing radio parts and kits
http://earlywireless.com/museum.htm has a picture of a Graham Farish Valve Holder from c. 1920s. There is more on http://earlywireless.com/farish_vholder_picinfo.htm including a reproduction of an advertisement, which quotes their address as "Bromley, Kent".
If you have the January 1982 issue of "Practical Wireless" it contains an obituary of T. Graham Farish. (I got this from http://www.oldtimesupplies.co.uk/otsw/mag_pw82.htm which is just an index).
--
Jane
OO and DCC in the garden

Thanks.....We all know the Frank Hornby story, just want to know more about this guy. I saw the wiki article as well. Seems to be little info on him. Rob
Salv Iseem to remember he started an electric company that eventually went in to war work, he was certainly known for pioneer work in building glassfibre boats.Then wenmt into trian OO if I remember before going into N Beowulf