safe connection??

My brother has come home worrying about work today. basically he connected the live lighting feed which run through a shaver socket in a

30A connector block as he had no 5A. is this gonna be safe for two weeks untill the work is carried out fully? the circuit is 5A . I dont know much about electrics but i said it probaly would, despite the high rating of the connector block...any ideas. Not so much worried about it being touched or dislodged, just the fact a 5A circuit is in a 30A block...Is it gonna cause a fire ?? please help TIA :)
Reply to
thirdleglee

Did he tap the inlet side of the shaver circuit transformer?

Reply to
Tom Horne, Electrician

| My brother has come home worrying about work today. basically he | connected the live lighting feed which run through a shaver socket in a | 30A connector block as he had no 5A. is this gonna be safe for two | weeks untill the work is carried out fully? the circuit is 5A . I dont | know much about electrics but i said it probaly would, despite the high | rating of the connector block...any ideas. Not so much worried about it | being touched or dislodged, just the fact a 5A circuit is in a 30A | block...Is it gonna cause a fire ?? | please help | TIA :)

If the circuit is limited to 5 amps, and there is no more than 5 amps of usage, it's at least safe with respect to overcurrent. The fact that some part of it is capable of handling many more amps is really not an issue. It's like using big fat wire where little thin wire is all that is needed. But if there is 30 amps of usage, that coule be a problem.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Most connectors have a maximum and minimum wire size. Make sure that the wire ia not too small for the connector. Bill Kaszeta Photovoltaic Resources Int'l Tempe Arizona USA snipped-for-privacy@pvri-removethis.biz

Reply to
Bill Kaszeta / Photovoltaic Resources