N Guage Kit

Have identified this white metal body kit as an 03 shunter - yep know zero about diesels. So it requires an 0-6-0 (diesel equiv chassis), any
suggestions on what to go for or how to choose ?
Cheers, Simon

I would start by looking at a Farish 04 shunter. They seem to be the same wheelbase and some had the same diameter wheels.
MBQ
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

And having found the 04, I'd stop looking any further and chuck the 03 whitemetal kit on Ebay.
It is not massively hard to convert a Farish 04 to a decent model of an 03 - minor changes to cab and bonnet, plus new exhaust. Or, one can just wait until Farish release their own 03 model in N; it won't be too long, they've done Bachmann OO version, and its such an easy fit onto the same development required for the 04.
- Nigel
--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

I know you are correct, when bought was hoping it would be something more esoteric. Still it was only GBP2. Anyway still want to make something out of it but of course it has to be cheap :-)
Cheers, Simon