Peter Corley - Model Railway Enthusiast mag

Hi, Does anyone know which edition of Model Railway Enthusiast mag contained Peter Corley's article about early model railway manufacturers/models? Thanks, Steve.

Reply to
Steve

In article , Steve writes

I published several articles in MRE based on Peter's research, which manufacturer were you interested in?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Hammond

Hi,

Essentially these manufacturers (for these specific products):

- Stewart-Reidpath (060 diesel shunter)

- Kirdon (040 diesel shunter and DMU)

- Ratio (DMU kit)

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

In article , Steve writes

September 1999

We did not do an article on this but I can tell you the following:

In June 1956 Kirdon announced the North British 0-4-0 shunting diesel. This was an all white metal body designed and supplied by Ks and cost

14s9d. The 0-4-0 motor bogie was fitted with a "K" 5 pole motor. Although it was originally intended for Southern Region or London Transport coaching stock, it was with LMS/SR, side frames adapted with 14mm spoked wheels and con rods.

During February 1957 the Kirdon motor bogie was listed as being available with diesel railcar side frames and priced at 59s5d. In April Kirdon diesel railcars with "hifi" eight wheel drive were advertised as twin or single units but were in fact a motor coach at £3.12s0d and a trailer coach at £1.2s0d.

There was to be a B.R. 0-6-0 (W.R.) diesel shunter which would sell for £5.0s10d. It had "griptired" wheels, a black body numbered 13005 (the same as the Triang version), had the new six wheel motor bogie fitted and was supplied in a maroon coloured with a hinged lift-up lid. In later years when the Kirdon factory was cleared out a large amount of empty boxes for this model were found but I have yet to find someone who has had od seen one of these models.

We did not do this one either and I can find no information about it in my database.

I hope this helps.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Hammond