wanting to work in paperspace in black and white-not color.

Hello, My office is using ACAD 2000. We do all our text and dimensioning in paperspace. The difficulty is that paperspace is in color and it is difficult to see some of the lines, like yellow. Is there a setting/way to work in paperspace with black text and lines on a white background and not in color?

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
mlabaj

Tools, Options, Display, Select Colour, Select Paperspace, Select Colour, Apply.

Mel.

Reply to
Mel

Thanks Mel, My apologise, I don't think I detailed my issue completely.

The objects drawn in modelspace are in color-respective to their layers when in modelspace. When I view these objects through viewports in paperspace they are shown in color, as well. However, some colors are hard to view on a white background in paperspace.

I want to continue using a white background in paperspace. I also want to see those objects drawn in modelspace(through viewports) as black and white(discarding their colors only in paperspace) objects.

I seem to recall seeing that setup at some office. Any ideas?

Mark

Reply to
mlabaj

Don't have acad open right now but under each page setup for each tab there is a checkbox for show plot style or something, may be what you are looking for, its how I work too. ron

Reply to
Ron

Don't have acad open right now but under each page setup for each tab there is a checkbox for show plot style or something, may be what you are looking for, its how I work too. ron

Reply to
Ron

When I do a plot preview, everything is in black and white. It's only in paper space that is the issue. Is there a way to discard color from paperspace so that everything is in black and white?

Or should I just resort to never using light colors like yellow so that everything in paper space looks like it is black?

Mark

Reply to
mlabaj

If your ctb converts all colors to black, in page setup, select "Display Plot Styles". This will display all black lines on a white paper blackground in paperspace.

Reply to
Chip Harper

No, just change the background color of your paperspace so that you can see them better. I use 253 and have no problems unless I'm well away from the screen.

Mark T.

Reply to
MarkT