counting blocks inside boundary?

Is there a way of counting the number of blocks inside a boundary? If so does it need to be a pline?
I can't find it through the select options and do not think it is something
inside the boundary command although I might be wrong.
I use LT so lisp routines aren't really what I am looking for.
Thanks
Do you have FILTER in LT? That would work.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca