Print file name on drawing

Is there a way to set up AutoCAD 2000 to print the file name on drawings? Maybe in the batch print wizard? Also, can I turn this feature on and off?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

I think a new feature for 2000i was a built in plot stamp. Prior to that, you have to improvise. Something as simple as a text string with the drawing name -or- look into RTEXT (express tools) or some of the other 3rd party tools that use reactors to update the drawing name automatically.

Reply to
Smackypete

Grab LTEXT.VLX from

Terry

Reply to
Terry W. Dotson

First, its best to add it to the Startup Suite of Appload.

Then place a piece of text/mtext with the style you want, use letter A for placeholder.

Issue the LTEXT command and pick the text, then pull down the list and choose filename or fullname.

Turn on 'Update on Regen' or other events.

Should take care of itself from there.

Terry

Reply to
Terry W. Dotson

I see what you mean now. This is a great idea!

However, I have about 200 files I need to do this to. Is there a faster way to print the drawing with the file name on the printout?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

AutoCAD's Plot Stamp didn't come along till 2000i I believe.

Terry

Reply to
Terry W. Dotson

I see what you mean now. This is a great idea!

However, I have about 200 files I need to do this to. Is there a faster way to print the drawing with the file name on the printout?

Matthew

P.S. My original message: Is there a way to set up AutoCAD 2000 to print the file name on drawings? Maybe in the batch print wizard? Also, can I turn this feature on and off?

Reply to
Matthew