Rotary File PSA

This Public Service Announcement is brought to you by James Lerch, proprietor of multiple crazy ideas.

Today's PSA is on the rotary file as attached to a high speed air tool. These things are EVIL!

If you have any doubts about their evil content, the evilness can be quantified by enlarging a 1/2 hole in 1/4" plate steel to 5/8 while the clothes dryer door is in close proximity and open. Do not expect immediate results, as the evil will take time to materialize.

Further comments or questions may be forwarded to me at the local emergency plastic surgeon's facility, where I am have a new prosthetic gluteus maximus fitted to replace the one my wife chewed off...

Reply to
James Lerch

Okay, fess up. What did you get rust stains all over...?

This is why laundry equipment does not belong in the garage when it's being used as a workshop. I suggest either a proper shop building, or a proper laundry room, and post-haste.

By the way, you can always try and toss it back to her. As soon as the wash cycle is finished you are supposed to move all damp clothes to the dryer immediately and start it up. If they sit in the washer or dryer damp for any extended period they can start to mildew and that's not good. And if they have time to sit and mildew, the shavings have time to sit and rust - so she caused it.

(Warning: Do NOT try the above line unless you have recently updated your Will, and removed all heavy and unsecured items from the immediate area - things like rolling pins and cast-iron cookware...)

;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Good story!

Reply to
dforeman

Skin, kind of, in a long convoluted way. Somehow I contaminated a load of socks and underwear with razor sharp needles. Said needles being a result of a good sharp rotary file.

How exactly I contaminated so many items of clothing I'm not certain. However, I am certain of my wife's attitude while digging a few steel needles out of her backside, while it slowly dawned on me how they got there.

My first mistake was not building the laundry room when asked to.

My second mistake was explaining my "Eureka" moment to my wife when I finally solved the steel needles in "odd" places problem..

Rotary file swarf is evil.

Reply to
James Lerch

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:51:39 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, James Lerch quickly quoth:

Oops, x2.

All swarf can be quite evil. It's worst when you wipe your face with a rag which has been impregnated with knives. One of my automotive shop rags was used to catch swarf by the last user and I found out the hard way. The scratch/scar on my face lasted for months. I've always felt the entire rag before wiping my face or hands after that.

That's a good 'un by Calvin Coolidge.

------ We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Specially in the bum of SWMBO Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

That's why I use paper towel, fresh off the roll. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:13:17 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Gerald Miller quickly quoth:

She'll no doubt take it out on him by having him remove it with his teeth.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well, not so much.. but I did find a new use for the boom mounted stereo microscope normally used as a surface mount re-work station .. Oh what an odd life I find myself in.... :)

BTW, its my personal belief that the most evil part about rotary file swarf is the fact it is short enough to embed in the skin with the end result being "flush mounted." This way you can't feel the splinter when wiping it with a hand, but apply pressure (or work on live 12vdc) and it gets your attention in a hurry, only for you to look and not see or feel anything.

The only redeeming thing working in my favor at the moment is at least it was mild steel and not good stainless. At least mild steel rusts and leaves a black mark to find after a few days. Stainless steel just sits there invisibly inflicting discomfort..

Reply to
James Lerch

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:04:34 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, James Lerch quickly quoth:

You're -really- checking out your wifey's arse, aren't ya? Har!

Teensy metal splinters are all like that. It sucks, bigtime.

"What were you doing this weekend, Jim?" "Oh, just checkin' out the wife's rusty ass."

Reply to
Larry Jaques