A Public Thank You

To Peter Forbes.

He's been very patient, and very helpful in arranging my purchase of a very nice surface table at an excellent price. I'm very grateful.

Thanks Peter!

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Glad to be of assistance !

It was a shame that our local patternmakers closed down as they did lots of small odds and sods for us (paid for, naturally!) which we will have a job getting done now.

The reason I got involved was that the auctioneers quoted John a silly price for the machinery, out of which came an equally silly and inflated price to take the stuff up to Bedford.

We managed to exceed those figures quite well and John is very pleased, so you can imagine what the auctioneers were quoting.

The last two bits are on ebay now, the home-built lathe (which is very well built indeed on closer inspection) and the last of the surface tables.

Peter

(Member of the Cynical Traders Association)

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

If anyone is interested I have a large surface table standing here doing nothing. It's about 24" x 30" or could be 18" x 24" unfortunately before I got this it was left out for a few weeks and has surface rust on it. Probably never make a grade 1 again but with a bit of a clean up it will make a good general purpose table. I paid £5.00 for it, it can go for the same if it will do someone any good. Don't ask me to post this as ower postie is only 5' 1" tall with a compound hernia from delivering the last vertical mill.

( Founder Member of the Cynical Traders Association )

( Tuning kits available for the Reliant XR 3x3, Exocets bought and sold. )

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

I will be going up to Wrexham some time real soon, and down to Chepstow next week. If anyone wants that moving from John's place to somewhere en-route, let me know.

Peter

PS: Can I make myself an associate member?? :-))

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

The surface table has been spoken for.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

May I also add my thanks to Peter. I picked up one of the wood vices for my young'un on Friday. Now all I've got to do is build the workshop and bench to go round it :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Sorry I wasn't there when you called, but John got the money yesterday when he came down to open up the factory for Nigel's collection.

John broke up the original wooden benches before I had a chance to stop him, otherwise you'd have had a bench thrown in for free :-))

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

That might have been fun in a FIAT Panda!

Mark Rand (who had a Startrite bandsaw in the FIAT on the return leg :-) RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand