Newall pin outs

Does anybody here know the pin outs of Newall's range of dro's, in this case a Digipac 5.

Gavin

Reply to
GLM590620

You could try asking Newall:

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I am trying to sort out a second hand Anilam Mini Wizard for my lath.

I have at present shortened a scale and fitted it to read the saddle travel on my triumph.

While trying to sort a cross slide scale I have come across the following information.

Anilam and Acu-Rite both make scales... though the scales are different they are both made by the same people.

There may be common wire codes.

the Mini Wizard uses a 6 pin plug with a quarter twist lock collar, modern scales use a 9 pin 'D' plug.

The information I have to make the adapter is as follows.....

Cannel --- 6 pin---colour---9 pin---colour. a---a---white---2---green/yellow b---b---green---4---pink/red

+5V---c---red---7---black 0v---d---black---6---white screen---e--- yellow/green---Body---screen soldered to plate Marker pulse---f---Blue---8---Brown grey.

I will be trying to marry an old scale to the miniwizard later in the week. If it works electrically I will try to shorten it to fit the lath cross slide.

I hope this helps, and I will be following the thread looking for useful fallout :-)

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes