Sketchup

Anyone worked with this program? I just got a 2 hour showing of this today. This may not replace acad but it's damn sure impressive. 3d rendering and runs fine on a 1.6 mhz 512 ram and 128 meg video. & no, I'm not selling it etc. etc. etc.

sketchup.com

The libraries are short of needed things and there are some shortcomings as to what I seen today, but still damned impressive. Cost is about 470.00 US

Any opinions? experiences? The demo I seen today was being used primarily in doing piping and mechanical. Guess it was designed for architects but seems to go way beyond that.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Deckert

WONDERFUL program... I use it for design work and quick perspectives... worth more than the price they are asking. Imports into AutoCAD ADT.

Reply to
Jase