Square Feet or inch of material from Flat pattern ??

Hi people...I havnt been here in about 6 months. A shoulder injury put me on the operating table and in rehab for a while. Im back with a new job. Great to be here again. Anyways...I need to extract the square feet or inches of material used off the flat pattern of sheetmatal parts and have it go into a coloum on the BOM for purchasing. Can anybody help me with this. Is Guy Edkins still around?? Hello Guy if you are :)...Thanks in advance...Jake Barron

Reply to
JAKE

I don't know about the new BOM but with the excell BOM you could add custom props to the Flat Pattern config one that would be Volume linked to the volume of the part in my case

"SW-Volume@@ snipped-for-privacy@421012.SLDPRT"

the other would be Thickness that is linked to the sheetmetal thickness again in my case

"Thickness@Sheet-Metal1@@ snipped-for-privacy@421012.SLDPRT"

Then edit your template to have a value for each of these In my example Volume was in the E collumn and Thickness was in the F collumn then I named the G collumn Area and put this formula in G2

=IF(E2,(IF(F2,E2/F2,"")),"")

When this BOM was applied to the drawing the area of either flat pattern face was calculated in G2. (Note: you will have to up the decimal places of the volume and thickness column for more accurate results)

Reply to
Corey Scheich