sorry for not explanining well

this options is unchecked:

tools>options>system options>sketch and uncheck "create sketch on new part"

????????

when I go to start a new sketch it just always goes to the front plane. This is 2003

Reply to
marty

I think that's the way 2003 was - if you wanted a plane other than the front one, pick it before going into sketch mode. If you knew you wanted the front plane, head on in and there it would land.

If you think it was some other way on a previous installation, then I'm out of thoughts.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks,

I think your right. I have to work on both 2003 and 2004 do to customers not current.

Reply to
marty