Selecting what plane to start a sketch?

Hey for some reason when install me solidworks again due to a problem it now doesn't let me choose what plan to start a sketch on it just always starts the 1st sketch on the front plan. What's up?

Marty

Reply to
Marty

Look under tools>options>system options>sketch and uncheck "create sketch on new part"

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush

There is a option on SW options to automaticly start a sketch when starting a new part. If you don't want to start a sketch on the plane SW picks for you, you should be able to cancel out of the sketch and then pick a plane you want.

Tommy

Reply to
TomStar

Go to Tools/Options (from the main SolidWorks menu) and look for the "Sketch" section under System Options. There you can UNcheck the "Create sketch on new part" setting and then the "problem" should disappear...

Reply to
Per O. Hoel

Try going to Tools\System Options\Sketch and uncheck the "Create sketch on new part".

Reply to
scota