"This document could not be printed." error

Hi everyone,

I need some help. I am a network admin so forgive me for not knowing SolidWorks too well.

I have a user that has SolidWorks 2006 with SP 4.1. He uses the save as function to create a PDF file of one of his drawings. When he opens Acrobat reader 7.0 and tries to print it, he gets the error "This document could not be printed." with the only option being "OK" and it doesn't print.

However, we have an application on our network called deskPDF. This is a printr in a sense. When he just makes his regular drawing and then uses deskPDF to create the PDF file, Acrobat can print it just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thank you in advance. John

Reply to
jennie

We had trouble with our KIP plotter choking on a PDF file created with SW

2006 SP4.1 if I did a Save-as PDF. The only solution that we have found so far is to choose PDF from the printer selection box, rather than the save-as PDF. You might try that.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany