drawings embedded in word document

Have several word documents with embedded autocad graphics
included. Origanaly the graphics were cut from autocad and
pasted into the word document. then when the graphic
needed to be changed you only had to double click the
graphic and autocad would come up, make you changes in
autocad close it and the change would appear in the word
document. this year we upgraded our autocad from r14 to
2000. Now when I click the graphics I get the error
message "word cannot edit the Autocad.drawing.14". How do
you update the pasted image to now ref the new version of
autocad? the version of word is WORD 97 SR-2.
Reply to
<mm77mm
If you think about it, the problems seems likely to center on the fact that the AutoCAD executable [the .exe file itself] has a different name.
You may also have installed it to a different directory.
It may be possible to revise the link in the embedded drawing.
The easiest way would seem to be to embed it again, perhaps saving it in Rel 2000 format beforehand.
FWIW
M.
Reply to
Michael O'Neill