Another useless error message

I recieved this error message this morning while attempting to cut a solid with a surface:
"There is no body of this surface. It's possibly been used by other
features."
Obviously whoever writes the error messages has english as a second language. That in and of itself isn't a problem, but where is QA in the process?
Anyway, does anyone have a clue what it means? The surface hasn't been used for anything else - it is the previous feature.

At least it's not the dreaded error #30000 "Unknown Error" :) Have you checked the Knowledge Base on the SolidWorks website for this error?

No, I haven't. I can't. I had an account, but it was cancelled by SW when a post of mine to a forum questioned the wisdom of adding eye candy to the interface rather than fixing bugs. I haven't started a new account because I need a new e-mail addy. I haven't taken the time to set up some bogus e-mail account (hotmail, gmail, etc.) yet. Not sure it's really worth it if all I get is corporate marketing approved sanitized propoganda.

If you are a paying customer, you always have access to the Knowledge Base. I would contact your VAR about this issue or get it resolved by contacting SolidWorks.
BTW, There's a lot of criticism of the new interface. I doubt they removed you for just a comment about it. :) What did you really say? hehe
Matt http://sw.fcsuper.com Co-moderator of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solidworks /

Yes, I am a paying customer. I really said what I told you I said. What are you insinuating? As to our VAR, I've not spoken with them about this. I really haven't missed anything from the SW site enough to bother. Maybe I'll give them another try.

Ok. I can get to the knowledge base with just my serial no. Searched and found nothing. However, through trial and error, I did find the problem. The surface that I was using to cut with was actually two surfaces. I was selecting the feature rather than the surface. I knitted the two surfaces together, and presto, it worked. The error message led me to look in all the wrong places.

LOL I guess I can kinda see what the error message means from your described solution, but yeah, it's pretty cryptic.
About the criticisms, some of the heavy hitters in the SolidWorks user world have loudly commented negatively about the new interface.
Matt
fcsuper wrote:

I think it's more of a useless interface. Especially if you have to use 2008 along with the earlier ones. I find myself constantly trying to edit the sketch plane in 2008 rather than the sketch itself.
-