on-line library of plastics features?

Greets all, am looking for an online library or reference that describes various plastic features, their uses, and design tolerances..
things such as: hooks/latches both permanent and non (eg, caps for pill bottles), hinges, springs, mechanisms, fits, etc
Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Tony

What did you find by searching 3D Content Center?
Matt

Matt, thanks for the response -- but perhaps I was unclear in my original post. I'm not looking for discreet parts/components, per se, but a list of "design features" for plastics.
A design guide, perhaps, that goes a bit further than "watch your wall thickness".
Say I were designing a plastic box that required a hinged top ... it would be great to have design library where I can look up different options of hinge styles (hinge features) such as a variety of 'industry standard methods' for 1pc or 2pc hinges.
My searches return a host of plastics "design guides" -- but they seem to be the same 4 or 5 general rules of them.
My reference library at the moment is a pile of plastic "stuff" that I've found over the years that have "neat" (thats the technical term, right?) plastic features.
Perhaps a text-book might prove to be a better source? Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
-Tony
"post" wrote in message
wrote:

Hi Tony,
I can recommend "Designing Plastic Parts for Assembly" by Paul A. Tres. Has different styles of hinges, etc. like you are looking for. Available on Amazon, but it's not cheap. I have also heard that the UL plastics class is very good. Good luck in your search.
Debbie
On Jul 3, 4:29 am, "Deb Dowding"

A lot of the "basics" are found on the pdf files from GE, Dow, etc from their websites, & the best part is it is free.
Thanks all.. great leads.. off to do some digging. -Tony

I would suspect that all that is too large to expect to find in on place. There are a dozen or more books on Plastic Part design, flexible hinge and snap fit designs, and so forth. The SPE and others publish books. Amazon has a lot of them. Dow, GE and most other resin manfacturers put out design guides.
If I were to try to research new things, I'ld hit the resin suppliers web sites, Google search hits, then Amazon and finally the local university library. Universities have lots of courses on Design and Engineering.
Bo