Plastics

Does anyone know of any plastic or composite that has high strength AS WELL as hardness? ?

Reply to
Anderson Enterprises

Required values, please.

Michael Dahms

Reply to
Michael Dahms

Uzytkownik "Anderson Enterprises" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

iglidur x this is made by IGUS company

wlemac

Reply to
wlemac

Reply to
tomcas

there is a glass filled plastic on the market, which I have used in the past to make surgical instruments, unfortunately I can not bring the name to mind, I will research this further if you would like?

Reply to
Tim Bird

Reply to
tomcas

the stuff we use at work is called g10fr4. the fr4 refers to its fire rating. it's glass filled melamine. g9 uses a coarser glass fiber and is kinda brownish as opposed to g10s greenish cast Go to

Reply to
cliff eden

Hey I just read the thread, I have a knife that I belive has G10 as the handle material. It can really take abuse, I would recommend it to any knife maker looking for a good material to make handles of. Dont know any suppliers myself though.

Reply to
Clue