Plastics

Uzytkownik "Anderson Enterprises" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...
iglidur x this is made by IGUS company
wlemac
Reply to
wlemac
These are very relative terms. Without knowing the specifics or application I would suggest a ceramic type material provided the shock resistance and tensile strength are within acceptable limits.
Anders> Does anyone know of any plastic or composite that has high strength AS
Reply to
tomcas
there is a glass filled plastic on the market, which I have used in the past to make surgical instruments, unfortunately I can not bring the name to mind, I will research this further if you would like?
Reply to
Tim Bird
I think Tim was referring to glass filled phenolic. It's not real hard but it is strong and one of the highest temp plastics. Go to
and search for Garolite. It's typically known as G10 or FR4.
Anders> Thanks to "tomcas", and Tim Bird for your assistance. Yes Tim I would
Reply to
tomcas
the stuff we use at work is called g10fr4. the fr4 refers to its fire rating. it's glass filled melamine. g9 uses a coarser glass fiber and is kinda brownish as opposed to g10s greenish cast Go to
Reply to
cliff eden
Hey I just read the thread, I have a knife that I belive has G10 as the handle material. It can really take abuse, I would recommend it to any knife maker looking for a good material to make handles of. Dont know any suppliers myself though.
Reply to
Clue

Site Timeline