Regarding quenching

I have heard that most metals cannot take an amorphous configuration
at the atomic level because most metals and alloys cannot be cooled
fast enough to prevent crystalization. Am I correct in understanding
that if for example a stainless steel at red heat were to be quenched
directly into LON that it would not be cooled fast enough? On another
point does anyone know of any W (Tungsten) based alloys, something
mixed with a lighter element go give strength, while the tungsten
gives hardness and high melting temperature?
Reply to
Anderson Enterprises

Site Timeline