Regarding quenching

I have heard that most metals cannot take an amorphous configuration at the atomic level because most metals and alloys cannot be cooled fast enough to prevent crystalization. Am I correct in understanding that if for example a stainless steel at red heat were to be quenched directly into LON that it would not be cooled fast enough? On another point does anyone know of any W (Tungsten) based alloys, something mixed with a lighter element go give strength, while the tungsten gives hardness and high melting temperature?

Reply to
Anderson Enterprises

Troll or fool?

Reply to