HP DesignJet 450C - anyone else got one? Help!

Hi all,
I just got hold of the A1 size 450C. It seems to plot ok but I have to ask of other users - Do they all clank and bang about during startup
like mine? It sounds like something serious is going on under the cover but maybe they all do that??
Thanks for any feedback.
Flynt
snipped-for-privacy@f2s.com says...

If this is any consolation, I have a 13 year old DesignJet 220 which does a good imitation of a boiler factory on startup. Clank, ca-chunk, clank. Has run perfectly since new.
Art W
"Art Woodbury" wrote

Holy Cow! I thought we were the only ones still using one of those. Do you ever have trouble with the print missing items like notes, balloons, dimensions, etc.?
Debbie
snipped-for-privacy@progressivedyn.com says...

Nope, an old time plotter suits an old-timer like me.

The only things missing from the plots are the things I forget to put in the drawing!
Art
I got a new computer recently, and I was hoping that someone maybe had the printer software lying around that they could email to me for the 450C A0?
I looks like the only thing shown on the HP website is only for AutoCAD now.
Brian
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId $561&prodTypeId972&prodSeriesId%253&swLang=8&taskId5&swEnvOID"8

even the new ones are loud and obnoxious. it really is amazing to good ol' bob z. that HP large-format plotters are so popular. bob z. worked in a place that wore-out a 450c and replaced it with HP's latest and greatest and that thing squealed worse than any person acting like a piggy near some backwater swimming hole.
bob z. will never buy an HP for home. never, ever, never.
bob z. :~)>

We have a 450C also. I've never heard a plotter make so much noise before. We just purchased a OCE 9400 last year from one of our sister companies for $400. Great machine.
DT