Trimming VISTA Down to Size...

I think it was someone on Leo Laporte radio show who noted that Black Viper is back up and running.

He did earlier work on detailing what services you could disable or delete from XP Pro, and now he has similar stuff up for VISTA.

Check it out at:

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Bo,

I ran across something yesterday about VISTA that might make it a high performer when using multicore chips. Apparently when XP runs a thread on a multicore processor it will move the thread back and forth between cores incurring overhead. VISTA Ultimate is supposed to avoid this. Whether this is much help with SW I can't say, but it might be testable. I wonder if anyone has run SW benchmarks on XP before and after setting processor affinity?

TOP

Reply to
TOP