Re: RCU ain't that bad

It has grown on me, and it has steadily improved. I think the speed is about up to par now. I don't buy and sell used R/C equipment, so I can't comment on that. Marc has been quick in addressing many issues, considering the heat that was placed on him. I agree, it's now time to either stay or leave, and let it be.

I've been watching the commotion over the facelift at RCU for a while > now, and I don't get the blind rage and venom being sprayed. The site > took me a day or so to get used to; I don't particularly like change. > But I have to say, it's as easy to use and easier to customize. Now > that they've got a handle on the load-balancing issues, it's as fast > as it was previously, and as far as the classifieds not being free > anymore, jeez, you'd think somebody raised your property taxes! Ebay > isn't free, and they're still in business. Most of the free auction > sites have folded their tents or gone fee-for-service along with the > sites that offered free internet access, free on-line storage, free > greeting cards, etc, etc. It all falls under the heading of "aint no > such thing as a free lunch". > > Butch-up guys. If you hate it that much, head over to the > alternatives, but fer 'chrissake, give the whining and wailing a rest. > It's gotten real tedious.
Reply to
Frank

Not nearly as tedious as the folks whining about about the whining.

Reply to
mineeart

Take you crooked ways and your venom and go where you please. You will wear out your welcome there rapidly and be back posting garbage soon enough.

Reply to
JR

Ditto

Reply to
mineeart

I would like to leave. I would like to cancel my membership (unregister) with RCU. There is no option to do so. They continue to use my registration information, along with many others who have left, for financial gain. The forum administrator at RCU referred to the users of the site as "leeches" back in July. They continue to utilize my registration (and others) for furthering their efforts. Who is the leech now?

Marc has been quick in addressing issues that are in his best interest. Allowing users to unregistered from the site seems to be an easy option to incorporate to the site.

Many users have their reasons for not using the site anymore. Many do not like the new format. Some don't like the fees for posting classified ads. Others do not care for the auctions as they attract the "power sellers". BTW, what ever happened to

? My reason for leaving RCU is that I was very offended that the administrator would so candidly refer to the users as "leeches". I did ask within a thread on RCU for his interpretation of the RCU leech, this is what he responded: "Ok...we can change terminology if it makes anybody feel better....it was used figuratively to simply convey a point. Let's call the users either "those who drain the sites resources which require money to provide but don't pay anything for those resources" and on the flip side we have "those who also drain the sites resources but pay a small amount to cover what they drain out of it" " Quite arrogant in my opinion.

The site is mainly a forum. It is only as good as the users that post there. How many people go there for the ads? How many go there because the forum administrator and mods do such a great job?

Offer people the option to cancel their membership!

Reply to
mpj220

By the way... I hope you've paid your bill to usenet this week.... It seems you've been using resources and not paid for them.

I figured that loading the page (3cents per ad) and turning on cookies so that I could be tracked was lining his pockets... I didn't know how big they are.

Reply to
mineeart