Battery Cyclers (Home Built)

Hopefully, I am in the right newsgroup (?), if not I am sure some one can point me in the right direction.

I have just (re)started int this hobby, and as well as vuilding the glider, I'd like to build a battery charger / cycler. Has anyone done this, can they point me to the schematics.

Thanks

Reply to
Crash and Burn

Fred,

Thanks for this link!!!

P.

Reply to
Pat Patterson

In my experience, the available schematics (and I have looked around quite a bit) are far more basic than any of the commercially available chargers. No matter what you want to spend, in terms of money and time, you'll find that someone makes a charger cheaper than you could build it; so don't do it to save a few pennies.

If all you want to do is slow charge and cycle packs for a gas-powered airplane, then look for an Ace Digipace I or II on eBay; either is a bargain.

If you are dead set on building, and can tell me what it is you need in the way of features, maybe I can point you in the right direction; post back here.

Reply to
Charles Wahl