Error message while using ordinate dimensions

When creating drawing dims only, model baselines may not be used. Select again.

Has anyone seen this warning?

When creating drawing dims only, model baselines may not be used. Select again.

I saw this while trying to create coordinate dimensions. I've never seen this before.

Am I having a brainskip or is this another one of those things where I have to change a setting to get a "previously available" functionality?

Thanks

Mike Singer

Reply to
Mike

Yes, I have and I'm trying to remember. Did it have something to do with trying to mix shown and created dims? trying to use a shown dim ordinate zero for a created dim? or for coverting linear to ordinate? Either try picking a datum or a part surface instead of whatever you're trying to use for a reference. I think. Gimme a minute here, I'm having a senior moment.... Anyway, I'm thinking this is one of Pro/e's stupider error messages (oops, was I being politically incorrect? I must have meant more "counter intuitive"). It may even mean that, for showing some model generated ordinates, you just picked the wrong feature as the baseline. Not sure, but, as I RECALL, I figgered it out, in spite of their counter-intuitive and most unhelpful "help" messages. Anyway, it's not you, it's Pro.

Reply to
David Janes