mates in assembly

In an assembly file, I have brought in a few parts. I am trying to establish a horizontal and vetical mate between two pivot points. The distance mate only give me the point to point mate. I am looking to put in the vert and horiz coordinates if you will. Do I have to use something like a layout sketch? Is there a way to put in these vert and horiz distances between any two points?

Reply to
billyb

Yes, I am thinking of trying a center line thru both points, they may do it.

Reply to
billyb

I must be being thick - can you describe again what you are trying to do, or post a link to a picture?

John H

Reply to
John H

"billyb" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@u2g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

Not sure I get it, but you can mate to a plane (created to your needs), or at distance of a plane. These planes can be from your assy or your part or both.

Reply to
Jean Marc

Create horizontal and vertical planes at the points you are trying to dist mate. Then dist mate those planes. It means creating four planes total and having two separate mates. In my view, this is the cleanest method.

Matt

of

fcsuper