PhotoWorks is driving me nuts!

I have done renders (jpg) of 20 similar products (smooth wall aluminium foil trays) on a plain coloured background.

I have replicated all Photoworks settings for each render, however, when compared side by side there are marked differences between each product such as:

- the backgrounds appear lighter/darker in some instances

- the aluminium foil is duller/shinier in some instances

- on some trays some of the edges appear to have a bluish tint

I am guessing that this is due to each tray refracting/reflecting the light slightly differently.

Does anyone have a trick up their sleeve so I can make each render look the same.

Also, I am in a debate with my client over image size/quality, he wants 2 versions of each render, one low resolution (up to 5MB) and a high resolution (up to 20MB), he wants to print at A4 size maximum, can anyone comment on this as I feel the 20MB version may be over the top, in fact my renders are alll coming out at around 500-600KB at

300DPI and A4 image size

Thanks,

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Why dont you render tiffs- they dont have compression, and if it is file size he wants thats what he will get.

I am not sure why you have a difference in renders without looking at the file. I might suggest creating a render assy, setup with a camera, and then swap out the different trays in this render assy. I have achieved relatively consistent results with this.

Reply to
parel

Parel's idea is a good way to go. As far as the background, go with white or use an image format that will save the background as an alpha channel and it will be transparent. This should take care of any color differences.

Reply to
robrrodriguez

Thanks,

The render assy method sounds like it would do the job - I've never done this before so any tips would be good.

As for the background colour this is the clients corporate colour (R=54, G=42, B=38) so I'm stuck with that.

I suggested TIFF's at the outset - due to their lossless nature - but the client insisted on Jpg's.

Thanks for the help anyway,

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Ok. So save your image with a transparent background and merge it with a background of the corporate color in an image editor. It will be correct every time.

Reply to
robrrodriguez

I'd thought of that but the models throws shadows, do you know if these would still look realistic using this method? - I guess I should try it.

Thanks,

kev

Reply to
alphawave