can't mate part level point or sketch point to assembly level sketch (arc)

I don't have 2005 installed anymore but I'm sure I've always been able to do this.

I have an assembly level sketch which contains 1 arc. I have a cylindrical part with a ref. geometry point at each end. Normally I can create a mate between the point and the sketch arc. But in 2006 sp1 it wont let me, all choices remain ghosted. WTF!

Zander

Reply to
Zander

Do you happen to have the option turned on that prohibits external refs?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hi Wayne,

No - but I'm still thinking I may have missed some new option. I did a little more testing and found that I can't mate a sketch point from one part to a edge or sketch entity of any other part no matter how I try. I used a work around in this case and have moved on (extruded the arc to a surface, mated point to surface face and used a perp plane to control height.)

Thanks,

Zander

Reply to
Zander