Support 3D stereo effects

VGA that "Support 3D stereo effects" What does it mean?

Reply to
czhate

More money out of your pocket?

Reply to
Bonobo

This means that the video cards is capable of producing an output signal to enable some sort of 3 dimensional display. Usually something like shutter glasses, which have to be purchased separately. Sharp sells laptops and LCD monitors that can do this without glasses, but the resolution is not very high in that mode.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I haven't been impressed with the 3d display solutions that are currently available, at least with the ones that I saw at CES 2004.

If you don't have it already, one modeling aid that does work effectively is the Spaceball.

Best of luck!

czhate wrote:

Reply to
RevEng

So we make best use of our money.

I use a laptop exclusively with SolidWorks and have found the RadTech BT500 to be an amazingly small, inexpensive Bluetooth mouse with 3 buttons and scroll wheel (which doubles as the middle button).

Intuition would say a very small mouse and a large hand do not go together. It doesn't necessarily happen that way, once you play around a bit.

At $55, it is also considerably more affordable and totable in in a laptop bag.

Bo

Reply to
Bonobo