Question about configuration specific properties

If I am using config. specific properties I have noticed the following behaviour:

create a simple part and add a configuration so that you have the names 1 and 2

go to for config 1 add a property "material spec" and another "bom"

for the value enter aluminum for material spec and $PRP:"material spec" for the value of bom

Now go to config 2 and enter exactly the same custom property names and enter "steel" for the value of material spec and $PRP:"material spec" for the value of bom

If you now look at the evaluated value for the property "bom" you will see that one or the other is taking the value from the other configuration and not from the value for the config that the expression is in.

Any ides about whats going on? my expectation would be that the expression whould take the value from the config it is in but that is not happening.

TIA

Stever

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Are you using an Excel based BOM? If so, you can't have any spaces in the custom property name. If a SolidWorks based BOM, then you can. Would that make a difference?

Also, are you entering the values on the Configuration Specific tab? That will also make a difference.

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider