SW help w/Plastic part

I have a product we manufactured some time ago and would like to update the design. I have a SolidWorks 2003 of the original Plastic travel Mug. It is an hourglass shape. I'd like to attach a raised pattern to the outer surface and have a RP model made. I have Some pen and paper sketches of the new design and the original Solidworks file I can e-mail. Can some one help me with this? I will be modifing this basic cup several more time in the future. I'm very "green" with the Solidworks program. I have several other CAD systems I use more often and none will allow me to "Wrap" my raised design on the cylinder.

Reply to
MrMold

No body can help me with this? Did I mention I was willing to pay for your time?

Reply to
MrMold

The reticence could be because the "wrap" of a design around a cup can be problimatic - or it was at least for me and - I tried to do it once and was very unsuccessfull at it - but did not have the Barenboym plugin to do it. Perhaps people just can't face the hassle for something that will take far longer than they can realistically charge for . Just a thought.

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

The biggest problem, and the reason I didn't offer to help is you are using SolidWorks 2003, not many people in this group are still using that version.

John Layne

John Layne

On Apr 16, 2:56?pm, "John Layne" >> pattern to the outer surface and have a RP model made. I have Some pen

The original file was in SW2003. I don't care what format the new file is in.

Reply to
MrMold

"MrMold"

Forward it, I'd be happy to take a look at it.

John Layne

John Layne

can u pls send it to me also

i\m working on SW06 & 07 version