help with sw part

Hi All, I am trying to create a solid from the following sketches, if anyone could give me a push in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Michael

Reply to
mlynn69

Not all that easy to do, in my book. I imagine Salvador or Wilson would laugh at me, but I have an approximation for you at the following link:

(letter case must be exact)

It's not perfect, however. Just one approach.

'Sporky'

mlynn69 wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

try sketchup 5.0 software

Reply to
4.sarat

Thank's Sporkman, i just wasn't thinking around the problem today. Totally forgot the shell comand :-)

Reply to
mlynn69

Ok, I took a crack at it. I took some liberties with your sketches because they don't seem to line up cleanly in 3D.

The shell inside the dome end is a touch funky, so if that were important to you, I would recreate that face the same way the outer one was created.

Matt

Reply to
matt

I emailed you a part directly that should work. It uses your geometry pretty much exactly.

Reply to
ken.maren

Now that I looked at Matt's it's pretty much the same as his with some slightly different methods. But the outcome is the same.

KM

Reply to
ken.maren

Here is a link to a part without the "funky" inside surface. Basically it's Matt's model with the end surface loft in a different direction. swhelp2.SLDPRT (424960 bytes) =>

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Reply to
G. De Angelis

Yeah, I tried that first, but if you look at his "sketch 2", the revolve geometry doesn't match it. Also notice that the end of his loft near the origin is on an angled plane, and not parallel to the smaller end.

Matt

Reply to
matt

Hi Mlynn,

Well here is my contribution :) 4 faces define the model. Use link below to download zipped file

/Mike S

Reply to
solidworks

Thankyou all for the replies. I love the way people come up with different solutions to a problem...

Cheers, Michael

Reply to
mlynn69