BOM annoyance - config shows in column header

ok, I cannot find a way to stop the qty column of my BOM from displays "config_name/QTY." I don't want the configuration name displayed here, I just want QTY. Even over riding the heading wont work as it refreshes before I print.

Is there a known work around for this?

Thanks,

Zander

Reply to
Zander

Change the column heading to QTY with no period.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Zander wrote:

Reply to
Anna Wood

Thanks! I havn't tried it yet but I'm curious why this would work?

Zander

Reply to
Zander

You don't necessarily just have to remove the period - you just need to change it from the default. The default heading is QTY. and SW looks at that heading and decides that what it sees is supposed to be something and therefore fixes it. By typing something else into that cell, you tell it to ignore what's there as far as evaluating it, and just display it. However, the most common thing to put is QTY and so people figure that what the default is will work, without realizing the ramification of leaving it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany