Need to crate a rotating Solidworks model for a web page...

A bit off topic, but my customer would like to put a Solidworks model I did for him on his web site and have it rotate around like an animated gif would. Or one better, let potential customers rotate and zoom on the model as they wish. What type of file should I save it as, for him to give to whomever maintains his site? (Maybe I should be asking whomever maintains his site...)

Thanks

Reply to
Ken Bronson

Do you have SolidWorks Office? If so, try 3D Instant Website.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Hi Ken, I have some animated GIF's on my website...

I used Animator to create an AVI file, then used GIF Animator to turn them into GIF files...
I like to keep things low bandwith and simple.

3D Instant Website!
Mike Wilson
Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Check out the following link - i've not used it to upload a model to the web myself yet (maybe when I next update my website) - but it looks cool.

If you do use it let me know (via this NG) what you think - also if anyone else has used it some seedback would be good.

Cheers,

Kev

Reply to
Kev Parkin

Ok, I'll bite...

Note: must download viewer...
Not that bad for a free tool which can measure and the quality is very good!

.. 8^)

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Here is another...