How to export block attributes with visual basic?

Hi NG,
I hope this posting is not OT, but I do have to import the block values from dxf files (or dwg files) into an access data base.This
shall be done using visual basic, on a computer without autocad installed.
I already saw a example script how this works, but I could not find again.
Any help or exmaple will be appreciated very much ...
Wolfgang